Clays + Botanicals
“Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways”. ~Oscar Wilde
Color is miraculous- it's what gives our world life, our soul meaning and draws us together. Color, in many cases, is what attracts people to our soaps- and we love that! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all find beauty in different ways- some may be drawn to the gorgeous swirls in our lavender + peppermint soap, while others may be drawn to the simplistic yet rich black of our Charcoal + Eucalyptus soap. Regardless of which product you choose, we want to make sure that the ingredients that add color to our goods add nothing but skin-loving goodness to your body. That means that we use no artificial colorants in any of our products- Ever.
So what do we use and what does it do for your skin? Read below to find out!
- Rose Clay- Gently detoxifies and exfoliates without drying. The best clay for dry skin!
- Brazilian Purple Clay- Vitamin and Mineral rich. Minerals like copper and selenium give this clay its lovely purple color.
- Rhassoul Clay- Rich in skin loving minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium. Nourishing, replenishing and detoxifying.
- French Green Clay- Detoxifying and rich in minerals such as dolomite, manganese, silica, copper, phosphorous, magnesium zinc and calcium.
- Beet Root Powder- Gives your skin a healthy glow by replenishing essential vitamins and minerals. Iron rich.
- Activated Charcoal- A detoxifying powerhouse! Draws impurities and toxins from skin for a deep cleanse.
- Cocoa Powder- Packed with skin loving antioxidants that help to repair and regenerate skin cells. Helps to neutralize harmful free radicals.
- Sea Kelp- Iodine rich. Iodine, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in sea kelp all help to moisturize and soften dry, sensitive skin.
- Turmeric- Anti-Inflammatory and calming benefits which aid in the treatment of acne and reduction of scarring.
- Calendula- Soothing, antiseptic and antimicrobial. Beneficial in calming dry, sensitive or irritated skin. Perfect for those with eczema, psoriasis or sensitive skin.
- Olive Leaf- Astringent and antiseptic. Calms and soothes.
- Rosehip Powder- Rich in vitamin a, c, d and e. Packed with antioxidants and long used in skincare formulations for its profound anti-aging benefits.
- Yarrow Flower- Deep cleansing and exfoliating properties.
- Dried Florals- Dried flowers like lavender, rose, jasmine, calendula and chamomile are used not just for their gorgeous natural fragrances but their ability to calm, soothe and replenish your skin. Perfect for facial steams, masks and infused in oils.